Borrowing digital materials from the libraries just got easier! What was once done through multiple apps can be done all in one place with the Libby App powered by OverDrive. Here you will be able to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks as well as magazines.
A few things to note:
- OverDrive is a platform the Garfield County Libraries have been using to offer e-books and e-audiobooks to the public. OverDrive’s app is called “Libby” and is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- RB Digital magazine content is now accessible in OverDrive. You will still be able to use the RB Digital platform to access magazines, but only for a limited time.
- Just like before, magazines will continue to be available for instant download, and there are no waiting lists.
- There is no limit to the number of magazines you can read at any time with OverDrive. However, you will continue to have a limit of 5 checkouts and 10 holds on e-books and e-audiobooks at any one time.
- Back issues of magazines (up to 3 years) will continue to be available for checkout.
- OverDrive does not currently have auto-checkout for magazines, but is working on a notification system for users who want to know when a new issue of a magazine is available. The timing of the rollout of this notification system is unknown at this time.
- Comics previously available through RB Digital are no longer available. However, you can use Hoopla to access an even larger selection of titles that are available for instant download.